Fontanellaz Barbara, Dr.
Fontanellaz Barbara, Dr.
Dr. Barbara Fontanellaz is Director General of the Swiss Federal University for Vocational Education and Training SFUVET. She took office on 1 March 2020. Having obtained her PhD from the University of Zurich in 2008, she was Head of the Department of Social Work of the University of Applied Sciences of St. Gallen from 2014 until early 2020. Barbara Fontanellaz was a member of the Foundation Council of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and chaired the Swiss Specialised Conference on Social Work of the Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences (SASSA) until 2020.
- Since March 2020: Director General of the Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training SFIVET
- 2014–2020: Head of the Social Work Faculty of the University of Applied Sciences of St. Gallen (FHSG)
- 2008–2014: Member of the Executive Committee of the ZHAW School of Social Work, Department Head and Director of Studies for the Bachelor’s degree programme in Social Work
- 2001–2008: Teaching/Research Assistant at the Institute of Education, University of Zurich
- 1996–2004: Social Educator and Group Leader at the Rötel Centre (social education for children and families)
- 1989–1996: Application Programmer at Credit Suisse in Zurich and Lausanne
- Member of the Board of Directors of covai AG
- Representation of SFUVET as SwissSkills education and training partner and permanent guest on the SwissSkills Foundation Board
Projects outside of SFUVET:
- Member project PgB-P11 pilot programme to strengthen the dual competence profile of junior researchers at universities of applied sciences and universities of teacher education
- Le nuove competenze e la formazione professionale, Intervista con Dr. Barbara Fontanellaz
Azione - Settimanale di Migros Ticino - 16.08.2021
- ‘Eine der schönsten Aufgaben überhaupt’. Interview mit Dr. Barbara Fontanellaz. Bildung und Unterricht, Chancen-Heftreihe des Schweizerischen Dienstleistungszentrums Berufsbildung, Berufs-, Studien und Laufbahnberatung SDBB, Ausgabe Frühling 2021, Verlag SDBB, Bern, S. 8-9.
Bildung und Unterricht - Frühling 2021
- ‘Wir geben Impulse für die Entwicklung der Berufsbildung’. Interview von A. Minder
Sonntagszeitung - 22.11.2020
- Bildung in einer digitalen Welt. Interview von C. Ehrbar
Südostschweiz - 22.10.2020
- Interview mit Dr. Barbara Fontanellaz in der Zeitschrift ‘Die Vorsorge’ der Pensionskasse des Bundes Publica. Ausgabe 2/20, Oktober 2020, S. 8.
- 2018–2019: CAS in Leadership and Governance at Higher Education Institutions, University of Zurich
- 2012–2013: HEM Executive Programme: Higher Education Management
- 2008: PhD in Social Education, Social Psychology and Philosophy, University of Zurich
- 2000: Master’s degree from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Zurich
- 1993–2000: Studies in Education Science, Social Psychology and Philosophy, University of Zurich
- 1989–1990: Training to become an Application Programmer at the IT School of Credit Suisse Zurich