"Solid vocational education and training is an invaluable resource for our country."
- Tenured professor, College of Arts, University of Fribourg
- Publication of various books and articles on subjects such as streaming in lower-secondary school, assessment of scholastic performance, comparison of education systems, impact of classroom composition on improved performance, etc.
- Latest book publication: «Die systematische Zufälligkeit des Bildungserfolgs» (the systematic randomness of success in education).
- Tenureship at College of Arts, University of Fribourg (2007)
- Post-doctoral qualification (2005)
- PhD (1999)
- Master's degree (1994)
- Primary school teacher
Area of expertise
- Member of the local research commission (RC) of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF)
- Council vice-chairman, Institute of Multilingualism (University of Fribourg and Fribourg University of Teacher Education)
- Member of Scientific Advisory Board, FHNW University of Teacher Education
- Various expert assignments for national and international bodies
- Editor and consultant for international scientific journals