Basic Training Division
With 26 training programmes recognised by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), we train over 1,700 vocational school teachers, workplace trainers and branch course instructors in three linguistic regions each year.
Our mission is to provide training to teachers working at vocational schools, commercial schools, schools preparing learners for the federal vocational baccalaureate examination, professional education institutions as well as branch course instructors, traineeship supervisors at trade schools and other sites where learners are provided with practical training.
What we offer
- Close interaction with practitioners and a constant drive to innovate (flipped classroom, bilingual instruction, use of ICTs, etc.).
- Approaches to dual-track VET that have been field-tested and serve as the frame of reference for the theoretical principles used to guide professional practice.
- A supportive approach that serves as a veritable conveyor belt between theory and practice.
- Pedagogical approaches that help practitioners to strike a balance between work and family life.
- Granting of equivalence through the recognition of prior formal learning.
- Awarding of qualifications through the validation of non-formal and informal learning (VNIL).
- Consulting services to facilitate the introduction of bilingual instruction in vocational schools.
- Indispensable partner at regional, national and international levels.
- Cooperation initiatives with higher education institutions in Switzerland and other countries.
- Proximity to professionals in each given field.
- Experience on the ground, exposure to different cultures and practices.
- Close cooperation with the R&D Division ensures that the content of SFUVET’s basic and continuing training courses is backed by research findings and that SFUVET is able to improve teaching practices and offer solutions to current teaching challenges.