The Swiss system of vocational education and training has drawn considerable interest in other countries. It enjoys strong recognition and offers various approaches that can help VET systems in partner countries to become more suited to the needs of the labour market.
SFUVET advises countries and organisations interested in learning more about the principles of dual-track VET as it exists in Switzerland. As a think tank for the Confederation, SFUVET maintains a vast network of competent in-house and external experts.
SFUVET's advisory services are intended for all stakeholders within the VET system of a country: policymakers, vocational schools, companies interested in providing apprenticeship training, trade associations and other actors.
- Advice on pedagogical training of VET practitioners
- Advice on how to prepare competence-based training plans for VET programmes
- Advice on how to develop an institutional framework that favours dual-track VET
- Advice on how to conduct cost/benefit analysis for VET programmes
- Advice on how to conduct evaluations of VET aspects and projects
- Advice on how to establish an institute acting as a competence centre for all matters pertaining to VET