Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training
The Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training OBS SFUVET identifies, observes and analyses social, economic and technological developments and their effect on vocational education and training.
The following questions guide this process: how are key features of the Swiss vocational education and training system changing as a result of new developments? Where is there a need for action to ensure the long-term functioning of the vocational education and training system? What consequences do the changes in the vocational education and training system have for individuals, the economy and society?
In order to answer these questions, we carry out literature-based monitoring and in-depth analyses and regularly publish trend reports on the trend themes. In addition, contract research projects for association partners and professional associations are part of our work.
The Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training OBS SFUVET
- analyses trends and anticipates future challenges in the field of VET.
- pays particular attention to the diversity within different professions and occupations.
- provides insights that set trends for the VET system’s effective and efficient management.
- identifies innovation potential for VET.
- is based on previously conducted research and therefore an integral part of SFUVET’s Research and Development activities.