Lukas Graf, Prof. Dr.
- Since 04.2023: Head of the Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training OBS SFUVET, Swiss Federal University for Vocational Education and Training SFUVET, Switzerland
- 2017-03.2023: Assistant Professor of Educational Governance, Hertie School – The University of Governance in Berlin, Germany; Head of the Educational Governance Research Team
- 12.2022-02.2023: Guest researcher at the Department of Education Studies, Centre for Comparative and International Education, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany
- 2015-2017: Postdoctoral researcher (70%) & project coordinator (30%), Leading House “Governance in Vocational and Professional Education and Training (GOVPET)”, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- 01.2015-03.2015: AICGS/DAAD Research Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, Washington D.C., USA
- 2013-2015: Postdoctoral researcher, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, Institute of Education & Society
- 2008-2013: Researcher, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB), Germany, Research unit “Skill Formation and Labor Markets”
- 09.2010: Guest researcher at the Institute of Educational Science, Universität Bern, Switzerland
- 03.2010: Guest researcher at the Department of Political Science, Universität Wien, Austria
- 2009-2012: Dr. phil. in Sociology, Awarded in Nov. 2012, Freie Universität Berlin, Department of Political & Social Sciences, Institute of Sociology.
Thesis title: “The Hybridization of Vocational Training and Higher Education in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland”; Reviewers: Heike Solga (WZB Berlin Social Science Center) & Kathleen Thelen (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA)
- 2005-2008: M.A. Global Political Economy, Universität Kassel, Germany, Department of Social Sciences
- 2002-2005: B.A. Philosophy, Politics and Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK, School of Economic and Social Studies
- 2022: Best Paper Award (1st place) at 7th International Congress on Research in Vocational Education and Training, Zollikofen, Switzerland.
Paper title: “Conditions for cross-border policy transfer and cooperation: Analysing differences between higher education and vocational training”; co-authored with Anna P. Lohse
- 2019: Best Paper Award (2nd place) at 6th International Congress on Research in Vocational Education and Training, Zollikofen, Switzerland.
Paper title: “Embedded Flexibilization and Polite Employer Domination – The Case of Short-track Apprenticeships in Switzerland”; co-authored with Gina Di Maio and Anna Wilson
- 2017/2018: Hertie School Excellence Award in the Category “Citizenship” in recognition of extraordinary achievements in academic citizenship; Hertie School, Berlin
- 2018: Eric M. Warburg speaker (ACG) giving talks in Charlotte NC, Atlanta GA, and San Francisco CA, USA
- 2014: Best dissertation award, Higher Education Section of the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES), Toronto, Canada
- 2014: Ulrich-Teichler-Prize of the German Association for Higher Education Research, Dortmund, Germany (awarded for dissertation)
- 2005: Student Prize in Economics at the Final Assessment (B.A. graduation), School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK